MARTHA WOLZ EVENT
Trophy presented in 1988 by Martha Wolz. Teams made up by either Games Committee or a Skip draw. Games will be eight or six ends depending on format established by Games Committee. Rules as stated in the Rules Section.
HOLLY CHRISTMAN EVENT
Trophy presented in 1986 by the Wauwatosa Twilighters. Teams made up by a Skip draw. Eight end games. First and second place winners eligible to participate in the Twilight Bonspiel. Rules as stated in the Rules Section.
ALL AMERICAN EVENT
Each club shall have a minimum of 4 teams. If deemed necessary, clubs may set their own maximum number of entrants. An entry of 4 to 7 teams should curl around robin to determine a winner. An entry of 8 or more teams should curl in a bracketed elimination (kill-down), or a round robin, or some combination thereof, whatever the ice schedule will permit.
There shall he a minimum of 3 games played to determine a winner.
All games shall be 8 ends. The I.C.F. Rules of Play shall apply with the following exceptions and additions:
- Forfeiture rules and substitution of players shall be determined by local clubs.
- Rink personnel may have 2 club-rated skips per team in any game position set up by the Games Committee. The local club shall determine who shall be eligible as the other 2 members of the rink. (Rated teams are made up by Games Committee).
- In bracketed elimination (kill down), all initial pairings shall be done by drawing out of a “hat”. This event shall be independent of the U.S.W.C.A. Annual Bonspiel and shall:
- Not be used as a consolation event for those unable to attend the National Bonspiel.
- Not be used as a playdown for the National Bonspiel.
- Not be in competition with the National Bonspiel as to time of scheduling. This event shall not be played during or in conjunction with any other club event.
A non-rated event open to curlers of all ages and skill levels. A great way to get ice time in a friendly non-competitive format. Teams will be re-formed every 6-8 weeks. Six end games.
DAYTIME WOMEN’S INTERCLUB
Three one-day inter-club events held alternately at Kettle, Milwaukee, and Wauwatosa. Usually two six-end games followed by lunch.