DINSMOOR INTRACLUB OPEN EVENT
An Open Event, where any regular member, male or female, may play in any position. Teams made up voluntarily. Event Committee will attempt to form teams from those individuals not on a team who sign up for this event.
1. Teams will play a round robin schedule. If participation warrants, multiple divisions will be formed with a round robin played within each division.
2. Games are 6 or 8 ends, determined by the event chair prior to the start of the schedule. A losing team may elect to quit before finishing the game. Tied games may be decided by whatever means the Skips desire, but first shift games may not play more than one additional end if a second shift game is scheduled for that sheet of ice.
3. No end shall start 10 minutes before the next shift is scheduled. The next end has started when the last rock of the preceding end has come to rest.
4. A team must have a minimum of three curlers to play a game. When playing a 3 person team, the first two position players will throw three rocks each. No penalty points applicable.
5. A team unable to begin play at the scheduled time will give up one point and one end for each ten minutes the game is delayed.
This non-rated social event is scheduled on 8 to 9 Saturday evenings November through March. Teams will be created for either 2-person mixed double format or 4-person mixed teams, based on the number of participants.
All member rated club event curled in February and March on Mondays. Teams are formed by Games Committee from regular members requesting participation through online registration. Rated Event Rules apply as do Rules of Competition for Club Events.
THURSDAY EARLY OPEN (FORMERLY KNOWN AS THE SENIOR OPEN)
A twice-monthly open event for ALL curlers able to curl at 4:15 on Thursdays. Six-end games are followed by socializing and an optional catered dinner. Sign up as an individual or team. Limited to nine teams but unlimited coaches, cheerleaders, etc. are welcome.
WEDNESDAY A.M. OPEN
A non-rated open event for curlers of all ages and skill level. Come when you can as teams will be organized each Wednesday at 9:15 a.m. for a friendly 6-end game. A great time to practice and build skills.
Formerly known as the Sunday Open. This event runs the first 8 weeks of the season with a 6:00 draw time. 8 end games. Being an open event, teams can be comprised of any combination on men and women. You can sign up as a team or as an individual. Limited to the first 32 people to sign up. Contact Rick Lemke with any questions.
An open event for all regular members scheduled on Fridays during the first 1/2 of the season. Teams are formed weekly prior to 6:30 draw from those having signed up that week (8:00 draw if necessary). Points will be kept for individual players. Playoff among top 8 players to determine pins. All are welcome even if you can't attend weekly. Emphasis is on having fun & improving skills.
5 AND UNDER OPEN EVENT
Limited to members with five or less years of curling experience, this is a learning event providing an opportunity for members to curl against members with similar experience. Members may sign up as a team or individually and be placed on a team. This event leads up to USWCA’s 5 and Under Bonspiel held on January 15-17, 2016; teams are encouraged to register for this bonspiel. Rules of Competition for Club Events apply. Substitutes may play in any position except Skip if the substitute qualifies as a 5 and Under; if the substitute does not qualify as a 5 and Under, the substitute shall deliver lead rocks. If Skip is absent, a regular member of the team shall direct the play and deliver skip’s rocks. Sundays 10 am-12 pm starting October 18.