For all regular men’s events the following rules will apply:
- Teams will play a round robin schedule. If participation warrants, two divisions will be formed with as round robin played within each division.
- Medals will be awarded for first and second place. If the two division format is in use, the winner of each division will play to determine first and second place.
- Where ties occur, winners will be determined by the Games Committee, using the established tie breaking rules.
An all member rated club event starting the curling season. Play is on Mondays and Wednesdays. Consists of a rated teams formed by Skip’s draft of Thirds, Seconds and Leads. Signup required for participation. Rated Event rules apply as do the Rules of competition for club events.
An all member rated event starting after the Kilian-Northope and played on Mondays. Consists of rated teams formed by Skip’s draft of Thirds, Seconds and Leads. Sign up required for participation. Rated Events Rules apply as do Rules of Competition for club events.
Teams made up voluntarily by regular members. Individuals can sign up and be assigned to a team. A non-rated event. Winner and runner-up of each division qualify for the Wauwatosa Invitational Bonspiel. Qualification may vary as the # of divisions and teams change.
Rules for Competition for Club Events apply with the following exceptions:
a) Teams may be made up of any regular club member.
b) Substitutions may be made from regular members of the WCC.
c) No penalty points for substitutes.
d) Substitutes may play in any position except Skip
e) If Skip is absent, a regular member of the team must direct the play and deliver skip’s rocks.
All member rated club event curled in February and March on Mondays. Teams are formed by the Games Committee from regular members requesting participation through posted sign-up sheet. Rated event rules apply as do Rules of Competition for Club Events.
A club event for rated thirds, seconds and leads, curled in February and March on Wednesdays. Teams are formed by the Games Committee from Regular members requesting participation through posted sign-up sheet. Rules of Competition for Club Events apply. Special rules may be posted.
Special Men’s Events
WAUWATOSA INVITIATIONAL BONSPIEL
Held each year on a weekend in early March from Thursday thru Sunday with invitations send out to other curling clubs.
- Wauwatosa rinks qualify by winning Mackenzie event, or as determined by Bonspiel Committee.
- Substitutions on qualified Wauwatosa teams will be made only from regular members of the Wauwatosa Curling Club. All substitutions subject to approval by the Bonspiel Chairman.
MEN’S INTRACLUB BONSPIEL
This is a 4 event bonspiel scheduled from Thursday through Saturday. See calendar for dates. Teams formed by the Club Bonspiel Committee from regular members requesting participation through posted sign-up sheet.
- Fee shall be fixed by the Bonspiel Committee.
- Medals for each event.
- Winner’s names will be inscribed on permanent trophies.
- Rules for Competition for Club Events apply.